Proven Ways To Remove Scratches From Wood Furniture
Instead of spending money on a professional wood re-finisher to restore the surface, try these quick fixes to cover up small scratches and imperfections using items you already have in your home.
1. 1/2 cup of vinegar mixed with 1/2 cup of olive oil can make a wood surface almost like new again.
2. Tea bags. Soak the darkest tea bag you have in hot water for about 2-3 minutes. Dip a cotton swab into the tea and dab it onto the scratches. Wipe off any excess liquid and repeat as many times as needed.
3. Try felt-tip markers to color scratches. Make sure that the marker matches the color of the piece. When the ink dries, cover the spot with wax or varnish.
4.Use walnut to hide the scratch. Just rub the walnut on the damaged area and watch in amazement as the scrapes and scratches begin to darken and disappear.
5. Coffee grounds. Dip a cotton swab in moist coffee grounds, and then apply it to the scratches in the wood. Wait for about 15-20 mins and wipe the surface with a dry cloth. This works mainly for darker wood furniture.
6. Lemon juice. Mix the freshly squeezed lemon juice and olive oil in an equal ratio. Using a lint cloth, apply a generous amount of the mixture and rub in direction of the scratch until it disappears.